REACH SVHC Definition of an Article
Opinion of ECJ Advocate General
On 25 March 2015, Claigan Environmental Inc. (www.claigan.com) will present a webinar addressing the opinion of the Advocate General of European Court of Justice (ECJ) concerning the definition of an article for REACH SVHCs. On 12 February 2015, the Advocate General of the ECJ released a detailed opinion of the definition of an article in accordance with the REACH requirement for communication of Substances of Very High Concern (SVHCs) above 0.1% w/w in articles. The concluding point of the opinion was that components of a finished product were also articles and any SVHCs in these components need to be communicated if above 0.1% w/w of the component, not just the overall finished product.
The opinion of the Advocate General is not legally binding. However, it will likely have significant bearing on the final ruling by the ECJ, which will be binding on all EU Member States. This webinar will focus on the technical ramifications of a ruling in agreement with the opinion of the Advocate General on product manufacturers, how to cope with the uncertainty in the near term, and how to manage compliance for REACH SVHCs in the future if the ECJ supports the Advocate General's position.
Beyond a technical explanation of the opinion, this webinar will focus primarily on how to comply in practice. In particular, there will be a discussion of which compliance steps need to be changed or adapted.
REACH SVHC topics covered in this webinar:
- Contents of the opinion
- Differences between old and new definition
- Potential ramifications
- Managing the risk in the near term
- Managing compliance longer term
- Changes in risk-based assessment and testing options
Due to the expected interest in this topic, two (2) webinars are being held on March 25th to accommodate a larger audience.
- Webinar - REACH SVHC Definition of an Article
- Date: 25 March 2015
- Time: 10 am and 2 pm Eastern
- Duration: 1 hour plus Q&A
- Register: Register at GoToWebinar.
View previously recorded webinars:
- 2015 March 05 - What should your conflict minerals report look like?
SEC filing for the 2014 reporting period
- 2015 February 11 - Potential Future Restriction of Aluminum
Relationhip between Al3+ and Alzheimer's Disease
- 2015 January 15 - Double Webinar - China RoHS and REACH SVHC
New China RoHS standard and new REACH SVHCs
- 2014 December 17 - Conflict Minerals - OECD Due Diligence
A practical and tactical approach to compliance with the OECD Due Diligence Requirements
- 2014 November 06 - Conflict Minerals - Managing Customer Expectations
How to efficiently manage customer requirements and expectations for conflict minerals
- 2014 September 10 - Practical Approach to REACH SVHC Declarations
SVHC compliance in the real world
- 2014 July 23 - The Process for Conflict Minerals Due Diligence
How to conduct due diligence for conflict minerals with attention to new Executive Order on the DRC
- 2014 June 19 - Summary of Conflict Minerals Reports
Issues and challenges observed in first wave of SEC filings
- 2014 June 02 - RoHS Compliance in the Real World
- 2014 April 17 - Writing a Conflict Minerals Report
Writing a CMR exhibit for Disclosure to the SEC
- 2014 April 02 - Maintaining REACH SVHC Declarations
Maintaining declarations for substances of very high concern
- 2014 January 15 - Why do products fail RoHS compliance?
Non-compliance for RoHS
- 2013 September 25 - Due Diligence - DRC Conflict Free
- 2013 June 20 - Preparing a Customer Response
- 2013 February 6 - Review of Conflict Minerals Responses
Reviewing supplier RCOI responses
- 2012 November 13 - Conflict Minerals Compliance
Practical Approach to Compliance
- 2012 October 2 - EU RoHS Recast Compliance
Complete Compliance Walkthrough
- 2012 September 5 - Conflict Minerals
Final Rule for Dodd-Frank Section 1502 Compliance
- 2012 July 18 - EU RoHS Recast Standards
Discussion of new EU RoHS standards
- 2012 May 9 - New EU Standard for RoHS Technical Files
Review of EN 50581:2012