How to Pass a Conflict Minerals Audit
Including details on new US Court of Appeals Ruling
On 26 August 2015, Claigan Environmental Inc. (www.claigan.com) will present a webinar on how to pass a conflict minerals independent private sector audit (IPSA), including discussion on the August ruling by the US Court of Appeals. In July, Claigan Environmental's due diligence process for conflict minerals passed an independent private sector audit against Step 2 of the OECD Due Diligence Guidance. This webinar will cover Claigan's experience, recommendations, and strategies.
According to the upheld US Court of Appeals ruling, a company choosing to declare themselves, or a product line, DRC Conflict Free must undergo an independent private sector audit (IPSA) of the design of their due diligence process, and of the execution of that due diligence process as described in their conflict minerals report against the OECD for Responsible Supply Chains of Minerals from Conflict-Affected and High-Risk Areas. Companies are finding it difficult to determine exactly what they need to pass an audit, are spending too much effort on the wrong things, and are vulnerable to auditing firms that wish to run up the billable hours.
Topics to be covered:
- New decisions by US Court of Appeals
- What is really under scope?
- What does it take to be DRC Conflict Free?
- How to prepare properly?
- What needs to be provided to the auditor?
- How will the data be sampled?
- How much should it cost?
- How can I reduce the cost of the audit without risking my compliance?
Due to the expected interest in this topic, two (2) webinars are being held on August 26th to accommodate a larger audience.
- Webinar - How to Pass a Conflict Minerals Audit
- Date:26 August 2015
- Time: 10 am and 2 pm Eastern
- Duration: 1 hour plus Q&A
- Register: Register at GoToWebinar.
View previously recorded webinars:
- 2015 June 18 - Review of 2015 Conflict Mineral Reports
Errors and surprises in 2015 SEC filings
- 2015 June 03 - RoHS Amendment on Phthalates
Practical approaches for compliance
- 2015 April 25 - FAQ on Conflict Minerals
Answers to questions submitted by industry
- 2015 March 25 - REACH SVHC Definition of an Article?
Opinion of ECJ Advocate General
- 2015 March 05 - What should your conflict minerals report look like?
SEC filing for the 2014 reporting period
- 2015 February 11 - Potential Future Restriction of Aluminum
Relationhip between Al3+ and Alzheimer's Disease
- 2015 January 15 - Double Webinar - China RoHS and REACH SVHC
New China RoHS standard and new REACH SVHCs
- 2014 December 17 - Conflict Minerals - OECD Due Diligence
A practical and tactical approach to compliance with the OECD Due Diligence Requirements
- 2014 November 06 - Conflict Minerals - Managing Customer Expectations
How to efficiently manage customer requirements and expectations for conflict minerals
- 2014 September 10 - Practical Approach to REACH SVHC Declarations
SVHC compliance in the real world
- 2014 July 23 - The Process for Conflict Minerals Due Diligence
How to conduct due diligence for conflict minerals with attention to new Executive Order on the DRC
- 2014 June 19 - Summary of Conflict Minerals Reports
Issues and challenges observed in first wave of SEC filings
- 2014 June 02 - RoHS Compliance in the Real World
- 2014 April 17 - Writing a Conflict Minerals Report
Writing a CMR exhibit for Disclosure to the SEC
- 2014 April 02 - Maintaining REACH SVHC Declarations
Maintaining declarations for substances of very high concern
- 2014 January 15 - Why do products fail RoHS compliance?
Non-compliance for RoHS
- 2013 September 25 - Due Diligence - DRC Conflict Free
- 2013 June 20 - Preparing a Customer Response
- 2013 February 6 - Review of Conflict Minerals Responses
Reviewing supplier RCOI responses
- 2012 November 13 - Conflict Minerals Compliance
Practical Approach to Compliance
- 2012 October 2 - EU RoHS Recast Compliance
Complete Compliance Walkthrough
- 2012 September 5 - Conflict Minerals
Final Rule for Dodd-Frank Section 1502 Compliance
- 2012 July 18 - EU RoHS Recast Standards
Discussion of new EU RoHS standards
- 2012 May 9 - New EU Standard for RoHS Technical Files
Review of EN 50581:2012