FAQ on Conflict Minerals
Answers to questions submitted by industry
On 15 April 2015, Claigan Environmental Inc. (www.claigan.com) will present a webinar on frequently asked questions regarding conflict minerals compliance. This webinar will exclusively cover questions submitted by companies and industry stakeholders. Anyone having a question regarding conflict minerals compliance is invited to submit the question to email@example.com.
The SEC's final rules on conflict minerals is a very complex and wordy document. Industry is often struggling to understand the fine details of the requirements. The purpose of this webinar is to address common questions faced by industry. In an effort to be as practical and relevant as possible, Claigan is inviting industry to submit their most troublesome and controversial questions.
Some typical types of questions include:
- What is a privately held company required to do?
- What is the value of a conflict minerals statement?
- How does conflict minerals compliance apply to compounds of 3TGs?
- What is the impact of a mandatory versus voluntary certification in the EU?
- What are common practices with last time buy materials?
- What are best practices for distributors?
- Are there any updates on North Korea?
- Is the war in northern Myanmar creating tin smelter CSR issues?
Please submit any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the expected interest in this topic, two (2) webinars are being held on April 15th to accommodate a larger audience.
- Webinar - FAQ on Conflict Minerals
- Date: 15 April 2015
- Time: 10 am and 2 pm Eastern
- Duration: 1 hour plus Q&A
- Register: Register at GoToWebinar.
View previously recorded webinars:
- 2015 March 25 - REACH SVHC Definition of an Article?
Opinion of ECJ Advocate General
- 2015 March 05 - What should your conflict minerals report look like?
SEC filing for the 2014 reporting period
- 2015 February 11 - Potential Future Restriction of Aluminum
Relationhip between Al3+ and Alzheimer's Disease
- 2015 January 15 - Double Webinar - China RoHS and REACH SVHC
New China RoHS standard and new REACH SVHCs
- 2014 December 17 - Conflict Minerals - OECD Due Diligence
A practical and tactical approach to compliance with the OECD Due Diligence Requirements
- 2014 November 06 - Conflict Minerals - Managing Customer Expectations
How to efficiently manage customer requirements and expectations for conflict minerals
- 2014 September 10 - Practical Approach to REACH SVHC Declarations
SVHC compliance in the real world
- 2014 July 23 - The Process for Conflict Minerals Due Diligence
How to conduct due diligence for conflict minerals with attention to new Executive Order on the DRC
- 2014 June 19 - Summary of Conflict Minerals Reports
Issues and challenges observed in first wave of SEC filings
- 2014 June 02 - RoHS Compliance in the Real World
- 2014 April 17 - Writing a Conflict Minerals Report
Writing a CMR exhibit for Disclosure to the SEC
- 2014 April 02 - Maintaining REACH SVHC Declarations
Maintaining declarations for substances of very high concern
- 2014 January 15 - Why do products fail RoHS compliance?
Non-compliance for RoHS
- 2013 September 25 - Due Diligence - DRC Conflict Free
- 2013 June 20 - Preparing a Customer Response
- 2013 February 6 - Review of Conflict Minerals Responses
Reviewing supplier RCOI responses
- 2012 November 13 - Conflict Minerals Compliance
Practical Approach to Compliance
- 2012 October 2 - EU RoHS Recast Compliance
Complete Compliance Walkthrough
- 2012 September 5 - Conflict Minerals
Final Rule for Dodd-Frank Section 1502 Compliance
- 2012 July 18 - EU RoHS Recast Standards
Discussion of new EU RoHS standards
- 2012 May 9 - New EU Standard for RoHS Technical Files
Review of EN 50581:2012